Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We live in a spiral galaxy...

The Milky Way is shaped as a spiral and humans have always sensed the spiraling, cyclical nature of life. Metalsmiths have, from Day One, created them in this most elastic of materials.

I just just curated a treasury on Etsy: "We Live in a Spiral Galaxy," and I focused on the many ways metalsmiths relate to and create the spiral form.

From ancient petroglyphs to today, we exist in a spiraling galaxy we can't escape. And, why would we want to?

Pictured at left are my Spiral Post earrings in sterling silver. I have always used spirals in my work. These simple ones are great for second earring holes! Available in my Etsy shop.




You can see this new treasury on Etsy by following this link!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQyNzY0NDF8NTgyMjQ5NjEw/we-live-in-a-spiral-galaxy?index=6

No comments:

Post a Comment