Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blogging for the ages...



One of my missions in life is to make sure no one is left out of anything important. And I feel that art -- and artisan jewelry, in particular -- is important.

In this age when we are instantly linked to one another (when we see protests and revolutions fomented by social networking), we are held in thrall to all of the information zipping around.

I want to be sure that some of that chatter is about art and design and craft. So I do my part.

One of my new passions is to curate 'treasuries' on Etsy (an online crafts marketplace). This satisfies the former gallery owner in me, as I put together little exhibits of works illustrating a theme or point of view.

On Etsy anyone -- customer or vendor/artist -- can put together a treasury list of 16 things they love, give it a name, add live links, and send it out into the world. I do this about twice a day these days. It fulfills my urge for presenting a curriculum on metalsmithing and art jewelry. And reminds me of one of the joys of running a gallery.

So, I hope you'll click on the following links to several of my recent Etsy treasuries and join me in this journey.

Pictured above are my new Maple Seed Earrings in fold-formed copper, with facted lemon quartz. The earwires and cold connections are sterling silver. The copper bears a heat patina from my torch. All pieces, except for the faceted stones, were handmade in my home studio. These and other things are found in my online Etsy shop: CityRusticJewelry!

......................................................................

This is my treasury about fine metalsmithing and colorful set stones:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQyNzY0NDF8NjIxODg3MjY3/color-from-stones-fine-metalsmithing

This is my treasury about cast metal jewelry:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQyNzY0NDF8NjIwNjY2Mzg1/casting-call-cast-metal-works?ref=pr_treasury

And this is my treasury of handcrafted blossom rings:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQyNzY0NDF8NjE3MzI4NDI5/late-summer-garden-of-metal-blossom?index=3

I hope you enjoy each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment