Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Sunshine: Golden Rutile Quartz!


Summer isn't my favorite season in the deep South of the U.S. Hot. Humid. Buggy. Muggy. Ick.

But, the visuals are stunning. Everywhere it is verdant beyond belief. An orgy of green accented with blossoms everywhere. A second springtime, but more intense.

The golden rutilated quartz cabachon I set into this copper Trapezoid Pendant echoes the bouncing sunlight that is everywhere when it's not raining. You can almost feel it.







Two views of my Trapezoid Pendant with golden rutilated quartz. To the copper trapezoid, I soldered a shapely sterling silver leaf (with hammer textures from a chasing tool) and several flattened sterling 'stepping stones.' Drill holes in the copper repeat the circular motif found throughout the piece. (It's linked to an 18" stering chain with sterling toggle clasp.) Available on my Etsy shop at:




http://www.etsy.com/listing/78889276/trapezoid-pendant-with-golden-rutilated

1 comment: