Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Upcoming Local Shows...

As time grows closer, I'll publish more details about my three local holiday shows. But I wanted to give you a heads-up about them now, because each one will be a fun event -- and the chance to see my new work and that of other local artists!

My first show will be in Tallahassee's 'Downtown Marketplace' on Saturday, Nov. 26. This is the Saturday of our Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be bringing new metalwork and beadwork.

My second show, with my former Humidity Gallery business partner, Sharri Moroshok, will be a 3-day show at artist Barbara Psimas' Midtown studio. Located at 335 Beard Street, her studio looks across the street to the south edge of Chez Pierre's parking lot. Waterworks is at  Beard Street and Thomasville Road, just slightly west of Barbara's place.

This show is called 'Just Us in Midtown... A Humidity Holiday Show!' It will open on the evening of Thursday, Dec. 1, at 7 pm. We will be open again the following evening (Friday, Dec. 2 -- 'First Friday' gallery hop), from 6-8 pm. And our final day for this show will be Saturday, Dec. 3, when we'll be open from 11 am - 4 pm.

My final show of the season will be back in the Downtown Market for the 'Just One More' show on Saturday, Dec. 10.

My Etsy shop will be open all through the season and I will be posting new work there. The last moment to get guaranteed delivery by Christmas will be Monday, Dec. 12. I will package all last orders that evening and ship them the next day.

For the very best selection in my Etsy shop, please considering purchasing early in the season. During my shows, some items will be taken down from Etsy and might not make it back onto my online shop after the shows, if they sell during shows.



I do mostly one-of-a-kind work, but I do produce lines. Pictured here are two of my new stacking bangle bracelets, a new line I'm working on. The top bracelet is hand-forged copper with an organic sterling silver blossom. I recycled the sterling and forged it into the blossom. The bottom bracelet is hand-forged copper with an organic copper blossom. I created it in the same way. These look great solo or in a stack of several. They're available in my Etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CityRusticJewelry?ref=pr_shop_more

You can also click on the tab at the top of my blog page to see a sampling of new work and to access my shop easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment