Sunday, March 24, 2013

Production Season

I'm practically monastic these days, as I grind through the last two weeks of pre-show production.

And yet, life keeps offering me fun opportunities to socialize or do just about anything else but work in my studio. I have to be really disciplined with myself right now.

Awhile back, I made a piece similar to this pendant, on the left. I kept the pattern pieces I made, always intending to recreate it, in large measure. But no two things I make are ever exactly alike. By happenstance and by intention.

I call this 'Dancer II.' I think its leaves and stem are balletic. It's a piece that makes me smile.

I love the mystery of this particular druzy stone. More like titanium than amethyst, it is, nevertheless, deep purple. And I love the juxtaposition of rolling mill texture with hammered texture with layered pieces of metal. It just pleases me.


    
I also had fun making these brushed-sterling squiggle earrings. I'll be making more playful earrings soon.

The bead at the bottom of these are vintage glass. Mostly gray, but with a bit of aqua in them. I love neutrals and earthy tones, with just a hint of sparkle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment