Friday, July 29, 2011

Pebbles & Stone: My New Treasury on Etsy


I've long be fascinated by organic, natural shapes and nowhere am I more excited by it than in art jewelry. Pair that idea with recycling sterling silver in my own studio and you get my Pebbles collection. (You'll find them in my Etsy shop.)

Today I curated an Etsy treasury, a collection (or list) of works by Etsy artists embracing an idea or theme. I named my treasury 'Pebbles & Stones' and selected 16 marvelous works depicting Earth's building blocks.

At left is my Pebbles in Chevron Formation necklace. I melted piles of sterling silver scrap with my acetylene torch until they drew up into rounded mounds of metal. Then I soldered them together and added a ring at each end so I could attach a bold sterling chain and clasp to make it wearable. It's a nice, hefty piece. You can see more details in my shop:


And this is the link to 'Pebbles & Stones,' my Etsy treasury.  Enjoy!


http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQyNzY0NDF8NTEwNjE5MjQy/pebbles-stones?ref=pr_treasury

No comments:

Post a Comment